Marcus Johansson via Caps In Pictures
Your savory breakfast links:
- Programming note: don't miss tomorrow's episode of Japers' Rink Radio when Pepper and Russell celebrate their 20th episode with very special guests Ted Leonsis and Greg Wyshynski (that's not one, but two of The Hockey News' "100 People of Power and Influence" for those of you keeping score at home). Not to be missed.
- Recaps and other assorted musings from yesterday's win from Caps365 (video highlights), 106.7 The Fan (audio), CI, Peerless, Frankovic, Rink Rebel, OFB, Capitals News Network, Frequent Flyers (includes box score), Broad Street Hockey, Caps In Pictures (pictures), Caps Snaps (pictures), View From The Uppers (pictures).
The LaVar Arrington Show with Chad Dukes broadcast live from Kettler yesterday, and you had to love Dukes' enthusiasm on Twitter, as well as radio hits with Bruce Boudreau, Nicklas Backstrom and more.
- Josh Godfrey put himself back on the radar screen yesterday. [Leone]
- Monster profile of George McPhee (by my favorite Postie). [WaPo]
- The Caps look ahead to the season by looking back on the last one (mind blown, right?). [NHL.com]
- Brooks Laich has a new nickname and is in mid-season quote form after a "miserable" summer. [Toronto Sun]
- The "early exit didn't spoil Ovie's summer," however. [Toronto Sun]
- Much more from (and on) AO. [NHL.com, NYT, CI, Caps365 (video)]
- And a few words from Mike Green. [CI, Caps365 (video)]
- Previewing the Caps in English... [Houses of the Hockey]
- ... and in French. [FrancoPresse via Google Translate]
- Speaking of previews, Capital Spirit wraps up his epic - and truly unique - look ahead to the Caps' 2010-11. [Capital Spirit]
- The Caps open at number two in one "power poll." [SportingNews]
- 30 in 30: Marcus Johansson. [Red Line Station]
- A question for each team in the East. [Puck Daddy]
- More questions. [USA Today]
- The Young Guns are all in the top dozen in ESPN's fantasy player rankings... [ESPN]
- ... and Alexander Semin is the fifth-best right wing in hockey. [THN]
- Prognosticatin' on Michal Neuvirth. [Peerless]
- Hard to believe, but there are still folks out there writing things like "what [Lou Lamoriello] did with the initial Kovalchuk offer was no less a circumvention of the CBA than ... what Washington did with and Nicklas Backstrom." (In response to which I continue to point to this.) [SI (with a bizarre note lumping Ovi and Mike Wise together as well)]
- More "AO should've been MVP" fodder. [The Puck Stops Here]
- Garrett Mitchell: future Matt Bradley? [Masisak]
- Get to know new guy Dany Sabourin. [Flashy Glove Save]
- Eric Belanger: political football? [Kukla's Korner]
- In other former Caps
news, Jose Theodore is playing the waiting game, while Brendan Morrison is accepting a tryout with the .
- Remember when the Caps selected Clayton Barthel in the 3rd round in 2004 (two picks before the Canucks took Alex Edler and nine before Detroit selected Johan Franzen)? Barthel recently signed with the Arizona Sundogs of the Central Hockey League. Oof. [Prescott eNews]
- Finally (and speaking of the Class of '04), happy 25th birthday to The Great Eight. Don't do anything we wouldn't do tonight... [More b-day coverage at Capitals Outsider]