@dchesnokov hinted a couple weeks ago that Caps goalie Semyon Varlamov would be arriving early for training.and confirmed that the former #40 was on the ice at Kettler on Monday.
Pavel Lysenkov of Sovetsky Sport was able to interview Varly's father Alexander.
(Original Russian link: http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/400823
Go read the largely comprehensible googletrans version for more details, but here are some interesting highlights:
1. The Capitals told him at the end of the season that he needed to plan for an early return to DC for training/conditioning;
2. Poppa Varlamov is keeping a weagle eye on the UFA goalie situation, particularly w/r/t Niemi and Turco;*
3. He also knows it's a contract year for young Semyon;
4. Mom came along to make sure her son is eating right; and
5. Varly is shopping for a new apartment in a quieter area that does not overlook the street. Apparently the constant
slap slap slap of brown flip-flops emergency vehicles and crowds of drunk kids were getting to be a bit much.
*One down, one to go with Turco to the Hawks!