Your savory "last Sunday of August" breakfast links:
- Matt Bradley actually a sniper on the down low? Ten of eighteen goals (including seven of eleven just last season) say ... perhaps. [JtG]
- Hands on the table, Alexander Semin. Allan Muir sez the League is onto players' little contract games now. [SI]
- It is Mathieu Perreault, it is awesome, and according to RMNB, it is gen-u-wine. [Facebook]
- Caps G prospect Philipp Grubauer has arrived in Kingston with his Memorial Cup ring, a battle-scarred goalie stick, and fond memories of the games he stole in the Fronts' barn in seasons past. And oh yeah, he also brought his ticket to Capitals' rookie camp. [Whig Standard]
- Best wishes to Minnesota centerman Pierre-Marc Bouchard. He's Francois Bouchard's big brother, and he's hoping to be able to return to the Wild after a year and a half recovering from a terrible concussion. [Strib]
- Finally, happy 50th birthday to Tim Tookey.