via the shoebox next to my desk
Your savory Sunday brunch links:
- Brendan Morrison helped kick off the inaugural Tofino Saltwater Classic Fishing Derby the other day, nearly a month after he kicked off the third annual Brendan Morrison Needs A New Contract Fishing Derby. [CP, Westerly News]
- A few Caps-related notes in the Globe's weekly column. [BGlobe]
- Long-term contracts are bad. Except Alex Ovechkin's. [Gazette]
- A list of the best players still looking for work. [Garrioch]
- Lamenting hockey's deadest month. [Peerless]
- Controversy! Is today Pete Peeters' birthday or does he turn 53 on August 17? Whatever - we're wishing him a happy birthday today.