Your savory summer Sunday brunch links:
- Awesome Nicklas Backstrom is awesome. [Un-awesome Googletranslate version of Dala-Demokraten article (link h/t the tireless Ice Warrior)]
- Ten NHL teams still need one significant piece. The Capitals, of course, require a ____________. [Puck Daddy]
- Ten top UFAs are looking for a home, and a paycheck. Jose Theodore makes the list. Boo. [The Hockey News]
- Crystal balling Semyon Varlamov's sweater swap. [Capitals Gains]
- Just for fun, you can watch World Cup Ovi in another installment of the popular Russian animated show "Mult Lichnosti" (Animated Personality). If someone wants to add some translation, that would be great, but whiny, pouting, metric football star Andrei Arshavin comes thru loud and clear in any language. As does Hillary Clinton's delicate pas de quatre with President Obama, Nicolas Sarkozy, and Silvio Berlusconi. [Mult Lichostni via YouTube]
- Happy 54th birthday to Jorgen Pettersson, happy 44th birthday to Bob Joyce, and a sad stick-tap to the memory of Gaetan Duchesne, who would have turned 48 today.
- And finally, on July 11, 2001, the Pittsburgh Penguins traded right wing Jaromir Jagr and defenseman Frantisek Kucera to the Washington Capitals for Kris Beech, center Michal Sivek , defenseman Ross Lupaschuk and future considerations. Nine years on, and the wounds have yet to heal. Feel free to speculate as to the 'future considerations' in comments.