Cody Eakin via Caps In Pictures
Your savory breakfast links:
- First and foremost, a big welcome to SB Nation D.C. Check it out. Bookmark it. Dig it. And come drink to it with us this evening.
- Where do the Caps go from here? [TSN]
- Nice piece from CSN's Michael Jenkins on the Hershey/Washington relationship. [CSN Washington (video)]
- Kings GM Dean Lombardi reaches out to George McPhee for advice on locking up a young stud. [Sportsnet.ca]
- A few more "games that mattered" in 2009-10. [Peerless]
- I'll leave the art criticism to the professionals, but will say that this piece really speaks to me. [Mark Penxa via @PaulRovnak]
- Alex Ovechkin's Russian Reebok ad. [Alex Ovetjkin]
- Speaking of AO, here are he and Alexander Semin (stylin' as always) at a buddy's wedding back home... [Alex Ovetjkin]
- ... and here he is wearing a Caps lid at a kickboxing tourney with a fighter who has a tattoo written in Hebrew. Really. [Alex Ovetjkin]
- It's too bad Cody Eakin can't play in Hershey next season - he and the Bears will both lose out thanks to the AHL's eligibility rules. [Masisak]
- Great stuff over at RMNB, with Andrew Gordon blogging on the 0-2 hole in which the Bears find themselves. [RMNB]
- On that 0-2 hole. [Frankovic]
- CSN Washington, by the way, will be broadcasting the three (hopefully) games from Austin. [CSN Washington]
- What to expect from Marcus Johansson. [A Capital Offense]
- Joel Broda isn't surprised (even if others are) that he's heading back into the draft. "The writing was on the wall. I've always had ups and downs in my career." [Calgary Herald]
- Looks like Brian Pothier might be looking for work this summer. [CanesNow]
- Happy 27th birthday to Milan Jurcina and happy 44th to sorta-former-Cap Stephane Richer.
- Finally, we've done a little housekeeping and cleaned up the "Home Team Links" widget in the sidebar. If you've got a Caps blog and want to be listed, drop us a line.