It's not the Hart, but it'll do.
Your savory breakfast links (but please draw the curtains and keep your voices low, thanks):
Alex Ovechkin will be the first name engraved on the spiffy new Ted Lindsay Award (and also the last name engraved on the Lester B. Pearson Award), as Ovi's fellow players agreed for the third year in a row that he is their MVP. [NHLPA] Plus reax, at TJ's place [Alex Ovetjkin]
- Jose Theodore was emotional yet gracious as he was named the recipient of the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy one year and one day after the birth of his son Chace, and just ten months after his son's passing. [Montreal Gazette]
- Mike Green was >thisclose< once again to receiving the Norris Trophy, but instead joined Alex Ovechkin on the League's First All-Star Team for the second year in a row, and they became the first teammates to repeat as First Team All- since...Gretzky and Coffey. Hmmm. [NHL]
- If you want to know how the voting went down, Mirtle can hook you up. [Globe and Mail]
- If you want to know how the Roenick/Ovechkin party went down, Lavo can hook you up. Congratulations to the happy couple! [Daily Fiasco]
- Finally, it was confirmed last night that Jose Theodore will not be returning to the Capitals' crease next season. We only recently learned of his great depth of character, generosity of spirit, and personal fortitude. He will certainly be missed "in the room" and in the greater DC community. Merci et bonne chance, Jose. We wish you the very best.