Your savory Pebble Beach links:
- Scratch another veteran pending UFA defenseman off your Capitals Free Agent Bingo cards as GM David Poile and the Predators deal (the rights to negotiate with) Dan Hamhuis to the Philadelphia Flyers. Guess the Caps can't count on 8-2 wins over Philly next year - they'll have to settle for 6-1 wins instead. [NHL]
- But don't put your daubers down just yet - the Preds also shipped centerman and team captain Jason Arnott to the New Jersey Devils. [Puck Daddy]
- Speaking of trades, Ian Schultz knows that coming East may mean he'll get to try to put a dent in big brother plus/minus rating. [Montreal Gazette]
- Nicklas Backstrom was signing autographs and chatting up the next generation of målvakter (goalies) at his old SEL barn. [Arbetarbladet, (h/t Ice Warrior)]
- They say success has a thousand fathers, and Nova Scotia hastens to lay its claim on native sons Andrew Gordon and Andrew Joudrey. The article is worth a read for Gordo's comments about playing in a deep, deep organization. [The Chronicle Herald]
- And since we mentioned fathers, best wishes to all the Dads on their Day.