[Ed. Note: It's with great pleasure that I introduce another addition to The Rink team, our new Weekend Clips Editor, Emily (whom you already know as Your Nation's Capital. ) So without any further ado...]
Same savory breakfast links - prepared by a new weekend short-order cook:
Alexandre Giroux buried his fifth (and record-setting) career playoff game-winning OT goal deep in the heart of the Texas to put the Hershey Bears up three games to two in their quest for the Calder Cup. Coverage from SB Nation DC, Flounders, York Daily Record, Ed Frankovic, Hershey Bears, Vogs, CSN Washington, RMNB.
- "Puck and circumstance." [Tim Leone]
- The Austin American-Statesman reflects on a disappointing CCF homestand in an otherwise remarkable and improbable inaugural season. The future is very bright indeed for professional hockey in Austin. [Statesman]
- The Starsbloggers have been doing fantastic (dare we say 'stellar?') work throughout the Finals. Big ups to Defending Big D, Hundred Degree Hockey, Andrew's Dallas Stars Page, and txstarsgirl.
- Picture Galleries: [Austin Statesman] [Icebat] [Texas Stars Examiner]
- In other AHL news, expect some division realignments to be announced as the River Rats have moved to Charlotte and become the Checkers, while the Lowell Devils have moved to Albany and remain tediously trap-happy. [Albany Times-Union]
- Capitals prospect Cody Eakin had a pretty exciting day - he earned himself two minutes in the penalty box in a Calder Cup Finals game and also an invite to Team Canada's WJC Development Camp. [Hockey Canada]
- Now that Lord Stanley's Chalice has been awarded, the 2010 NHL Entry Draft selection order has been finalized and announced. Who ya got at, say, selection number 26? [NHL]
- I wonder how the line "I also think Monumental Sports and Entertainment would make a great name for a broadcast, cable, or online network too, don’t you?" sits with folks at CSN. [Ted's Take]
- Tuvanhillbilly's translation gets the Wyshynski onceover. [Puck Daddy]
- Finally, happy 35th birthday to Frederic Cassivi.
The Rooster and Gordo doing a fair impression of YNC when she received JP's invite to join the Rink. Thanks!