Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from the us, WaPo (blog, gamer), Vogs, DCEx, Joe B., Ed Frankovic, Peerless, OFB, Puckhead and RMNB from a Caps' perspective, and our pals Scotty Hockey and Blueshirt Banter from the, um, other side.
Scott Walker 's seven-year-old son on the trade that brought his dad to D.C.: "Do I have to get a Walker jersey or can I get an Ovechkin jersey instead?" Priceless. [Edmonton Journal]
- Nicklas Backstrom is tough. [DCist]
- Alex Ovechkin is one of the nicest guys in the League. Believe it, Canada. [Kukla's Korner]
- On Ovi's slump. [Corey Masisak]
- On Ovi still feeling some Olympic pain. [RMNB]
- Pittsburgh is the third-most hated city for DMV sports fans. Caps fans would place it higher... [FFODC]
- ... Gee, wonder why that is. [Tribune-Review]
- Down a level and up in Hershey, Braden Holtby's shutout clinched a playoff birth for the Bears. The Caps and Bears are now a combined 27-0-0 at home in 2010. [Patriot-News]
- Per the HHoF, on this date back in 1995, "Washington's rookie goaltender Jim Carey stopped 36 shots to improve his record to 4-0-0 after being promoted from the minors, as the Capitals won 3-1, at Boston."
- Finally, happy 47th birthday to Mike Eagles and happy 50th to Butsy Erickson.