Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of this afternoon's game from Vogs, Peerless, PHT, Chicago-Tribune, CapsBlog, CSN Washington and NHL.com, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Second City Hockey for coverage from the other side of this afternoon's match up.
- This is the first and only regular season meeting between between the Caps and 'Hawks (the teams did meet twice in the preseason, with the Caps winning both games, by 3-2 and 6-2 counts).
- The Caps will look to get back on track today against one of the League's elite teams. [WaPo]
- If you're looking for a place to watch the game with good people, you'll find 'em up in Baltimore and over in Fairfax.
- Notes from yesterday's practice. [CI]
- Scott Burnside and Pierre LeBrun talk Hart Trophy. [ESPN, and for more click here]
Nicklas Backstrom is more than a little bit
unsignedawesome. [CSN Washington]
- The Cap who brings the fewest "intangibles" to the party? Tomas Fleischmann. [TSN]
- "Barack the Red" hits the big time. [D.C. Sports Bog, Puck Daddy]
- After playing a full season in the KHL, Dmitri Orlov is tearing up Russia's second-tier League. [RMNB]
- Locals want you to stop honking after Caps games. (Thanks for honoring their request on Friday night.) [WTOP]
- The Caps make the list of "Biggest Brawls of the last 23 Years." [BtN (with the box score from the referenced game here)]
- Finally, happy 30th birthday to Joe Motzko.