Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from the WaPo (blog, gamer), Vogs, DCEx, Joe B., Ed Frankovic, Peerless, Puck Daddy, RtR, RMNB, Puckhead, Hockey Mom, Caps In Pictures, Cap Centre and StC.
- Vincent Lecavalier still isn't happy about being tossed from the game's final face off. [FanHouse]
- The last time the Caps won ten straight, the world was a much different place. [D.C. Sports Bog, RMNB]
- A look ahead at February's schedule... [RtR]
- ... and a look back at January's results. [Peerless]
- Unfortunate timing on the demotion for Michal Neuvirth... and his dad. [John Walton Hockey]
- Per the HHoF, on this date back in 1987, "Capitals' Mike Gartner extended his team-record goal scoring streak to 9 straight games as Washington won 6-4 over the visiting Winnipeg Jets. Gartner scored 12 goals during the 9 game streak, tying the streak set by Alan Haworth in 1985."
- Finally, thanks to all of you from all of us for making January yet another record-setting month here at The Rink, with both visits and page views up well over 22% over December. You guys are the best.