250th career goal for the Big Rig™. Congratulations! Photo courtesy Bridget Samuels
Your savory Sunday brunch links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's loss from us, Vogs, NHL.com (Masisak), WaPo (Carrera: blog, gamer), DC Examiner (McNally: blog, gamer), CSN Washington (Beninati), Caps365 video (Boudreau, players), SB Nation DC (Shatzer), TBD (Chamberlain), Frankovic, RMNB, Caps Examiner (Hoffman), Inside Hockey, Capitals Spirit, Spare Change, Caps Snaps (pics), bridgetds on Flickr (pics), clydeorama (pics), Caps in Pictures (pics), and All Things Avs.
- Previews of tonight's Broadway battle with the Rangers from Vogs, NHL.com (Rosen), KOL, and be sure to check out friend-of-the-Rink Scotty Hockey and our SB Nation partner Blueshirt Banter for more coverage from the other side of tonight's match up.
- Five losses in a row have the pundits asking questions... [ProHockeyTalk, ESPN (LeBrun)]
- ...and the internets all a'Twitter... [CSN Washington (Popels)]
- ...But Allen missed this one. Really, Scott Hannan? [@adater Tweet]
- What team has
4645 thumbs and a sense of optimism even in a five-game losing streak? This team! [TBD]
- Some musings on Nicklas Backstrom, the flu, and the wisdom of Ironman streaks. Bonus: Baby Bäckis! But why must all the videos insist on being in Swedish? [Hockeyramblings]
- Following Game 31 of this campaign, the 2010-2011 Caps have surpassed their fighting major tally from 82 games last season. Here's the fight card for each and every one. [Caps Outsider]
- Tomas Fleischmann, making the best of it. [CSN Washington (Masisak)]
- Weighty issues for Alex Ovechkin. [Welcome back from hiatus, Alex Ovetjkin!]