Your savory breakfast links:
- Be sure to check out tomorrow morning's edition of Japers' Rink Radio when Pepper and Russell welcome Corey Masisak back to the show and take your emails and calls.
- Previews of tonight's third attempt to beat the B's from Vogs, NHL.com, CSN Washington (Scalise), DCEx (McNally), KOL, RLS and the Boston Herald, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Stanley Cup of Chowder for more coverage from the other side of tonight's match up.
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday's optional practice. [Caps365 video (Boudreau), Dump 'n Chase, CI, bridgetds (pics, with a bonus set from B's practice)]
- Dive right into this article about the start to Alexander Semin's season. You'll be hooked. [CSN Washington (Masisak)]
- Boston guys (including Mike Milbury) debate the Caps' goaltending situation. [NESN]
- Mike Knuble talks up a couple of former teammates. [Kirk's Call]
- Brooks Laich has been nominated for Sports Illustrated's "2010 Sportsman of the Year." (What, no mention of his "hockey haunches," Farbs?) [SI (Farber)]
- The Caps are perfect with Boyd Gordon in the lineup (well, their record is, at least). [CI]
- On David Steckel, Semin and penalty shots. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- Glancing at the Caps' cupboard. [HF]
- Mike Green did his weekly spot on LaVar and Dukes yesterday... [106.7 The Fan (audio)]
- ... and be sure to check out the killer fundraiser he's put together. [RtR]
- Karl Alzner does a radio hit. [WNST (audio)]
- Buy or sell Ales Hemsky as a trade target. Maybe that should read "sell or sell." [RLS]
- If you're a believer in Corsi, you know that the Caps have been doin' it with smoke and mirrors a bit so far this year. [Objective NHL]
- Comcast SportsNet commandeers the Gallery Place Metro station. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- A trio of day-old Thursday thoughts. [Box Seats]
- And since things seem to be coming in threes, here's three thoughts on the last three games. [RtR]
- On letters and leadership. [Box Seats]
- Mustachioed Caps. I can't believe we've got another 25 days of Movember left. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- A picture of Alex Ovechkin and his dog (and no, it's not just a picture of AO and Kari Lehtonen). [Alex Ovetjkin]
- Down goes Kugryshev! Down goes Kugryshev! [ECHL]
Dino Ciccarelli: Hall of Fame Garbage Man.
- Finally, happy 39th birthday to Sergei Berezin, and happy 47th to Brian Curran.