Senya saves, Alex passes, Sasha scores!
Slava Malamud talking to Semin and Varlamov following the SO win against the Canes... first, a quick exchange with Sasha about the Laugh-gate:
- I wasn't even there, - Semin told me. - I just walke up, said hello, and walked away... And, in any case, is this really anything unusual for hockey. We are all friends. Yes, we lost – so what, we shouldn't even talk to each other anymore?
- Was there a conversation with Boudreau about this?
- Next question, please.
Varly was, apparently, a bit more willing to converse with Slava:
- Was it difficult to concentrate on the game during OT following that disappointing goal with two seconds to go?
- Yes, of course I was upset. But it's no big deal. It helped that the overtime also was not easy – I quickly forgot about the goal.
- Did the team hit the breaks a little bit in OT?
- I agree. The guys were tired. But Carolina also seemed to be worn out.
- Talk about your big save in overtime.
- I saw that Samsonov was going to pass the puck, so I positioned myself accordingly. And then, the puck just hit me. Not even sure if it was the pad or the glove. I think it was the pad.
- Was it easy to anticipate the intentions of the opposition in the shootout?
- I just decided to wait for the shot in every attempt. Turned out I saved them all. Of course I was very happy. Because we practically had the game won, and let it slip in the last few seconds. You never want to lose a game like that in a shootout.
- After three wins in a row, is it even possible for you not to get to start the next game?
- Usually we are told who starts a day before the game. So obviously I will be preparing for the game in St. Louis, but we will not know until Tuesday. I am feeling great. We are leading the league – what's not to like?
- Is Ovechkin's goalless streak affecting the team?
- The rest of the team is scoring, so we are fine. But you'll see – he is about to break through. He works very hard and brings a lot of positive to the team. Simply said, he is a leader. And he has a lot of assists.
- Did the incident in New Jersey have any impact on the team?
- I haven't seen anything myself, but I thing the media exaggerated. Maybe they shared a smile together or something. The game was over – you have to forget and move on... is it even newsworthy, that the Russians talk to each other? The team doesn't care, no one even remembers about it. It's just nonsense.