Your savory Sunday brunch links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's OT loss from Vogs, NHL.com (AP), Carrera (blog, gamer), Beninati, Caps365 video (Boudreau, players), Puck Daddy, Frankovic, Peerless, Puckhead, RLS, RMNB, Alex Ovetjkin.
- Previews of this evening's Round Three with the Thrashers from Vogs (and game notes), NHL.com, Peerless, RLS and KoL, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Bird Watchers Anonymous for more coverage from the other side of tonight's match up.
- Well, the Caps have been saying they've wanted to score first. [WaPo (Carrera)]
- With the Caps out of town, some fans road tripped to Pennsylvania to see the Stingrays take on the Reading Royals. [bridgetds]
- For Dmitry Orlov, the NHL isn't a dream, it's a goal. [Russian Prospect]
- A pair of Caps prospects played interesting games on Saturday:
- Forward Caleb Herbert scored the first goal for Team USA in the semifinal round at the World Junior A Challenge. The Americans went on to defeat Canada West 5-1, and will play Canada East with the gold medal on the line tonight at 8:30 Eastern. [Hockey Canada]
- Good: Cody Eakin scored a wicked power-play one-timer overtime game-winning goal last night in Swift Current. Better: It was Cody Eakin Bobblehead Night. Best: The picture of the Captain with his bobbles. [Shawn Mullin's Broncos Blog, WHL scoresheet]
- Finally, happy birthday wishes go out to Brad Church, Jim Bedard, Rod Seiling and the one and only Bugsy Watson.