Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Vogs, Tarik (blog, gamer), Ed Frankovic, Peerless, Puck Daddy, Fight for Old DC, Caps In Pictures, RMNB, Cap Centre, and Joe B.
- Apparently David Steckel has signed a contract extension. Good on GMGM for striking while the iron's... um... cold. [Capitals Insider]
- The Caps get an "A-plus" for the first half? Man, I wish I had this guy as a professor in college. [CBSSports]
- My favorite reaction to the news of the new Caps' captain? "Vanity plates for the superstar." Nice. [@DamoSpin]
- And in case you missed it in the overnight, Alexander Semin recently gave his thoughts on the captain-less Caps and much more. Awesome stuff. [Japers' Rink]
- More power rankings are out, with the Caps down two to fourth at ESPN, down three to fifth at SI.com, down two to fifth at FOX Sports, and down three to eighth at TSN.
- Enough potential World Classic sites to get us through 2040 or so. Sweet. [Puck Daddy]
- Eric Fehr will be at Ye Olde ESPN Zone this evening. [Capitals]
- "Name the Goalie," red, white and blue edition. [Stack the Pads]
- If Mike Green is "Game Over," is John Carlson "Tourney Over"? What an amazing way to end an amazing game (and a pretty remarkable day for Caps fans). [FanShot, Puck Daddy, Edmonton Journal, with video after the jump]
- Interesting drama involving Marcus Johansson leading up to yesterday's WJC bronze medal game. Long-story-short, Sweden goofed. [@TSNBobMcKenzie, Part 2, Part 3]
- Finally, happy 34th birthday to Richard Zednik.
Carlson's Gold Medal Goal: