Your savory breakfast links:
- In case you hadn't heard, Eric Fehr is having a breakout season. [WaPo]
- Last night was the team's "Casino Night" fundraiser. Good real-time coverage of it from @NateEwell and @Emily_Karol, and a wrap from Caps365 (video).
- Take it with a grain of salt since it's Bruce "Malkin to the Kings" Garrioch, but "a league executive has insisted for the last month Washington will make a deal to land Kovalchuk." [Ottawa Sun]
- Not quite a trade rumor (yet), but could the Caps be interested in Marty Turco? [Edmonton Journal]
- Alexander Semin has been playing better since his good buddy was named captain. Coincidence? [DCist]
- Speaking of Semin, in case you missed it in the overnight, Tuvan Hillbilly posted another brilliant translation. [Japers' Rink]
Pens homerPA journo knocks Alex Ovechkin's defense and takes a cheap shot at his physical appearance. Classy. [Beaver County Times]
- Taking Bruce Boudreau literally... and awesomely. [FanShot]
- The January Journeys of John Carlson, now in snazzy visual form. [Peerless]
- Braden "Busy Feet" Holtby keeps rollin'... [Stack the Pads]
- ... as do pretty much all the Bears. [Peerless]
- Checking in on Caps prospect Phil DeSimone. [Laconia Citizen]
- Former Cap Matt Cooke bites (allegedly literally). [Puck Daddy]
- Plenty of politics at play in Russian hockey - just ask Glen Hanlon. [The Province]
- "Ups and Downs" coming up at 11:00.
- Finally, happy 41st birthday to Steve Maltais and... it's Esa Tikkanen's birthday as well.