via the shoebox next to my desk
Your savory breakfast links:
- Wait, the Caps have a friggin' back-to-back in the preseason?
- Recaps of last night's game from Tarik (blog, article), Corey (blog, article), Ed Frankovic and Peerless.
- Pictures! [Caps in Pictures]
- Apparently former Maple Leaf and Lightning netminder Olaf Kolzig retired yesterday. Thoughts on Olie the Goalie leaving the game are all over the web, including those from Ted Leonsis, David Poile, Mike Vogel, Peerless, CapsChick, CK, Puckhead, The Strip and Jimmy Jazz.
- Corey thinks Kolzig and Peter Bondra are locks to have their jerseys retired by the team. A year ago, I would have agreed. Now, I'm not so sure on Bonzai. [Washington Times]
- Of course, if we're talking Caps and retiring numbers, we're talking 'staches.
- Catching up with rising prospect Mathieu Perreault. [OFB]
- It's a little too early to talk about retiring John Carlson's number, but Bruce Boudreau did tell him he's going to be "a great NHL player." [Capitals Insider]
- Versus' promo for their Opening Night game takes a shot at the Caps' defense. [FanShot]
- Vegas likes the Caps. [Puck Daddy]
- Alex Ovechkin is one of Russia's "Most Desirable Bachelors." [TLTNews.net]
- Finally, happy 21st birthday to Karl Alzner. Have that first beer on us, King.