- On being asked about Chris Clark, both guys seemed firmly behind Clark as the captain and are very much in support of keeping him. They did comment that there's a lot of things that we don't get to see that makes him a good captain.
- Apparently their locker room is a colorful place. Pranks abound, and they have their share of wrangles. We didn't get details.
- Both guys had nothing but praise for Fedorov and are of the opinion that the team will miss him. Laich said that Fedorov taught him patience, that chances will happen if you are patient.
- Matt Bradley and his wife are expecting in December.
- On enforcement: both guys reiterated that you need to have skill as well as toughness and that the place of the one-sided enforcer is dwindling in the modern NHL. They didn't say it explicitly, but I got the impression that they're not that worried about it.
- They observed that Detroit, while a skilled team, are as successful as they are because they are disciplined and hard-working.
- They both used, multiple times, one word to describe the attitude in the locker room: hungry. There's a sense of unfinished business, and a sense of anger and disappointment at the way things ended.
(Update: One more.)
- Neither guy is down with the whole Twitter thing and neither one has any interest in having a Twitter feed. Any feed you see of them is fake.