via the shoebox next to my desk
Your savory breakfast links:
- Ken Klee is calling it a career. Klee - a ninth round pick for the Caps back in 1990 - played 570 games for the team, totalling 43 goals, 68 assists, a plus-13 rating and 608 penalty minutes. Godspeed, Kenny.
- Michael Nylander? Not happy. The Caps? Not happy. Oilers fans? Happy. [The Cult of Hockey]
- It's August and McFarlane Toys' NHL Series 22 is out, featuring the line's third Alex Ovechkin figure. [Spawn.com]
- A TV station in Seattle is apologizing for Jose Theodore's 2008-09 season. [KING5.com]
- A look at the sweaters (or at least sweater numbers) Brendan Morrison and Mike Knuble will be wearing. [VFtCS]
- Red Rockers tryouts, Day 1. [Caps365 (video)]
- "The NHL has sent out a memo that it will not honor NHL contract for a player injured at a summer Olympic training camp." [@walsha]
The Hershey Bears released their preseason schedule. [John Walton Hockey]
On the off-chance that you care what Sean Avery thinks of new teammate Donald Brashear, this link's for you. [Blue Notes]
- Finally, Happy 46th Birthday to Mike Siltala and Happy 33rd to Jeff Friesen. Friesen played just 33 games for the Caps, tallying three goals and four assists before being traded to Anaheim for the second round pick that the Caps used on Keith Seabrook in 2006. Maybe things would've been different if Friesen hadn't angered the hockey gods by donning number twelve when he got to town (or if that Caps team hadn't stunk to high hell... either/or).