via the shoebox next to my desk
Your savory breakfast links:
- Thanks to New York State Trooper Sovie for passing along the picture below snapped at the end of an atypically long shift for captain Chris Clark - a ride-along with Troopers Sovie and Houghmaster of the Watertown Interstate Patrol Station a couple of weeks back.
- AO at the Big O is no mo'. [Capitals Insider]
- Jose Theodore was one of the worst values in the League between the pipes last year, but a small handful of big names delivered less bang for the buck. [Puck Prospectus]
- In case you missed it, Anton Gustafsson is sure to be a fan/blogger favorite if he keeps producing cinematic masterpieces like this. [FanShot]
- Today's must-read: Hershey, PA - America's best minor league sports town. [Sports Business Journal]
- Looks like increased playing time for Caps' netminding prospect Dan Dunn because the "sports and recreation management major" ahead of him on the depth chart couldn't keep a 2.0 grade point average. Kids today... [SCTimes.com via @capsmedia]
- Any story that opens up by referring to someone other than Martin Brodeur as "the most important player in Devils history" raises an eyebrow, but since it's Scott Stevens they're talking about, we read on. [The Star-Ledger]
- You guys know I don't pimp garbage around here, so when I tell you to hook up the best fantasy hockey guide there is, I mean it. Buy it. Win. Repeat. [Dobber Hockey]
- On this date back in 2000, the Caps signed Stephane Richer, who "decided he didn't have it in him to compete in another season, and announced his retirement" after his first practice with the Caps. Richer, however, would go on to play 68 more games the following season for Pittsburgh and New Jersey. I guess he didn't like Piney Orchard.
- Finally, Happy 48th Birthday to former Cap Dave Tippett, who would probably pick up his phone on the first ring if you were to dial him up to pass along your own happy birthday wishes.