Your savory breakfast links:
- Yahoo! Sports takes a hack - emphasis on "hack" - at updated power rankings. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Make that two writers in a row who think the Caps will miss Donald Brashear's presence. We'll have to agree
that these people haven't a clue about what they're writingto disagree. [New England Hockey Journal]
- Via @capsmedia, "Caps @ Buffalo preseason game, previously TBA, is Sept. 17 at 7 p.m." which is barely a month away.
- Alex Ovechkin was the correct answer on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," which is apparently still on television. Interestingly, AO was actually asked about appearing on the show just last week. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- Dmitri Orlov is one of the most wanted KHLers. [The Hockey News via FanShot]
Ooohhh... nice plates. [Simply Sensational]
- The Caps have confirmed Kelly Miller, Rod Langway and Dennis Maruk for CapsCon. [Capitals.com]
Joe Finley has entered a plea of... not guilty. [StarTribune]
- The Bears have signed tough guy Brandon Sugden, who has an interesting story and is already lining up heavyweight fights. As you might have guessed, he's a bit of a YouTube star (and he's actually fought John Erskine twice).
- Hershey also signed a former ECHL All-Star defenseman (who is a former teammate of both Jeff Schultz's and Karl Alzner's with Calgary of the WHL). [John Walton Hockey]
Braden Holtby could (but isn't expected to) return to Saskatoon as an overager. [Blades.com]
- Jeff Halpern: "Seeing the Caps as good as they are now, it's disappointing not to be a part of that." No snark - he's a good dude. [Capitals Insider]