via the shoebox next to my desk
Your savory breakfast links:
- Early this morning, word came down that Milan Jurcina has been awarded a one-year contract worth approximately $1.4 million - below the "walk away" threshold, but certainly not below the "trade away" point. [Capitals Insider]
- Update: "Done deal: Milan Jurcina is under contract. He was awarded a one-year contract worth $1.375 in arbitration late last night." [@tarikelbashir]
- Brendan Morrison was in town yesterday and said all the right things to Tarik, Whyno, Vogs (who fires up the Wayback Machine) and Nate (audio).
- Alexander Semin is Number 28. No, I mean in FanHouse's countdown of the NHL's top 50 players. [FanHouse]
- Alex Ovechkin, Cookie Monster. [Alex Ovetjkin]
- Today in Michael Nylander rumors: "We may see Nylander in Omsk around November." [@dchesnokov]
- No Clips yesterday meant we didn't get a chance to congratulate Peerless on his four-year anniversary blogging, so we'll do so here today - congrats, and a heartfelt thanks. [Peerless]
- Finally, Happy 49th Birthday to Dale Hunter, member of the NHL's most exclusive club.