Today's games (involving Eastern Conference teams):
- Caps 4 - Thrashers 2: Caps win! Devils Lose! Caps magic number stands at 1.
- Leafs 4 - NJD 1: Way to get it done, fellas. Thanks a bunch. Devils MN for the division is 1 (Flyers)...(despite what my playoff tracker says)
- Rangers 3 - Canadiens 1: Despite the loss, Canadiens are 1 point away from the playoffs. The Rangers are 1 point out of the 7 seed, but the Canadiens are currently the holder of the tiebreak (more head to head points, same number of wins). Rangers clinch the playoffs with another win, or 3 points won/lost by the Panthers.
- Pens 6 - 'Ning 4: I think most of us are rooting for the Pens to get to the 5th seed, and the Flyers to get the 4th seed. Carolina currently holds the tiebreak and are up by 2 points. Either way, it's going to be very difficult for the Caps to play them in the first round. Pens would have to lose both, Montreal win both.
- Flyers 2 - Panthers 1: The Flyers retain hold on the 4 seed with a game in hand on the Canes. Note that if they end the season tied, the Canes would hold the wins tiebreaker.
- Canes 9 - Islanders 0:
Pretty good effort tonight, Islanders. Brendan, we could have been great together. The Canes need 1 win to prevent Pitt from passing them (so let's hope they lose both remaining games).
- Senators 3 - Bruins 2: Nothing to add here.
Tomorrow's games (involving Eastern Conference teams):
- Sabres @ Leafs: The Sabres tragic number is 1 (Rangers).
You can find an updated Playoff Tracker here (this is yesterday's). Note that in the tracker, I don't account for tiebreakers but I've added a little table to help compare total wins and head to head points earned.
Best case Scenario for tomorrow:
Poti gets healthy.