Tonight's games (involving Eastern Conference teams):
- Devils 3 - Sabres 2: Caps still are 7 points from the 2 seed. The Devils are 2 points from their division crown.
- Bruins 1 - Rangers 0: Bruins clinch the conference. Rangers no longer control the 8 seed (Florida holds the tiebreaker).
- Canadiens 6 - Leafs 2: Canadiens still control the 7 seed right now, are 4 points from securing a playoff berth.
- Senators 4 - Flyers 3 (OT): Flyers are 1 point from the playoffs (or 1 lost point from Florida). Still control the 4 seed.
- Canes 3 - Pens 2 (OT): Even with an OTL, the Pens control the 5 seed. The Canes and Pens are 1 and 3 points away from the Playoffs respectively.
- Lightning 3 - Islanders 1: 2 points for the Ning! More ping pong balls for the Tavares/Wong marriage!
Tomorrow's games (involving Eastern Conference teams):
- Thrashers @ Caps: Motivation? Here's motivation: I DON'T WANT TO SEE THE FREAKING PENS OR FLYERS IN THE FIRST ROUND. GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND CLINCH THE FREAKING 2 SEED. ahem. Caps MN for the 2 seed is 7 (NJD).
- Pens @ Panthers: Frankly, rooting for the Pens is the right play here. A win there puts them in a dead heat with Carolina for the 5 seed...and if the Caps can't take care of their business we'll be playing the 6 seed.
You can find an updated Playoff Tracker here. Note that in the tracker, I don't account for tiebreakers. New exciting (to me) update: I've added a little table to help compare head to head points earned. Any feedback?
Best case Scenario for tonight:
Caps show up, beat Atlanta, and close the gap for the 2 seed clinch to 5 points.