Lots of clips from the weekend, so let's jump right in:
- WaPo recap and blog, WaTi recap, blog and column.
- They've fired up the waaahmbulance in Pittsburgh as well. [Tribune-Review]
- Pot. Kettle. Black. [CK]
- Peerless's recap is here (and they don't call him the Peerless Prognosticator for nothing - he called 5-2). PensBlog's is here. Different tone, but both worth reading.
- So that's why Pierre McGuire spends so much time defending Sidney Crosby. [Buffalo News]
- All anyone else wanted to talk about was Alex vs. Sid, so here's Puck Daddy, Mirtle, Illegal Curve, FanHouse, Capitals Insider.
Mike Milbury is effusive (to put it mildly) in his praise of AO. Corey, too. Jim Matheson, too. Larry Wigge, too.
- Check out the scoring on the Bolts' first goal for a quick reminder of how far the Caps have come (and how far Tampa has to go). [NHL.com]
- A bit of Stecks love. [NHL.com]
- Do the Caps need to add a veteran backup goalie? [Frankovic]
Michael Wilbon... eh, who cares what Michael Wilbon thinks? [CK]
- GMGM had a very good year in 2004, didn't he? [DC Pro Sports Report]
- Apparently Karl Alzner is one of those guys who says "bada-bing, bada-boom." [AHL.com]
- I'd have thought Feds was one of the ten oldest skaters in the NHL. Not so. [Mirtle]
- Happy 43rd Birthday, John Druce.