Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's Southeast Division match-up featuring Alex Ovechkin's return to the lineup (and to the scene of the "hot stick") from Vogs, Peerless and NHL.com, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Raw Charge for coverage from the other side of tonight's match up.
- In case you missed it in the overnight, Alexander Semin speaks. [Japers' Rink]
- Caps have done just fine, thank you, without their biggest gun. [NHL.com]
- David Steckel's long national nightmare is over. [Washington Times]
- Matt Bradley speaks (briefly) about Saturday night.  Insider
- Gabby lives up to his nickname, dishing on Dan Carcillo, Mike Milbury and Allan Muir. [In The Room]
- He might want to add Dave Reid to his list. [Washington Examiner]
- A preview of next June's NHL Awards Ceremony. [Bloge Salming (language NSFW)]
- Not to be out-done by their parent club, the Bears hung nine on Hartford Sunday night... in the first two periods. [Patriot-News]
- Round two. Go vote. [NHL Arena]
- Finally, per the HHoF, on this date back in 1977, the Caps "ended a 20-game winless streak, as Bob Sirois scored twice to beat the Cleveland Barons, 5-3." This year's Caps club already has more wins (18) than that one had for the season (17).