Your savory breakfast links:
- Preview of tonight's game against with the Kitties from Vogs, NHL.com and Peerless, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Litter Box Cats (a personal fave) for coverage from the other side of tonight's match up.
- Alex Ovechkin was back on the ice yesterday, and he and Bruce Boudreau talked a bit about the injury, then Bruce ranted a bit more about Wednesday night's loss. [In The Room]
- Penalties are killing the Caps. If I had a nickel... [Washington Post, Washington Times]
- Hey, y'know who's got a real opportunity to shine with Ovechkin out? Alex Semin. [Sporting News]
- Is AO the most marketable NHLer since The Great One? [Sports Agent Blog]
- It's good to know that Ovi has friends in high places. [NBC Washington]
- AO may have a $10k cell phone, but can he get a good signal in the Verizon Center? My bet is no. [Washington Post]
- Semyon Varlamov might be getting a lump of coal of sorts in his stocking on Christmas (and yes, I know that Russians celebrate Christmas on January 7). [From The Rink]
- The Caps' road whites as the fourth-best jerseys of the decade. Too bad the hometown fans never get to see 'em. [Puck Padre]
- A look back at Brendan Morrison's college career. [NHL.com]
- Good stuff on Caps prospect Marcus Johansson. [FanPost]
- Want to see "Brendan Witt" and "chess" in the same blog post? Click through. [Behind The Net]
- Happy 38th birthday to Sergei Berezin and happy 46th to Brian Curran.
- Finally, a nice tribute to a Caps fan who's off to the great rink in the sky. Put in a good word for the boys in red, won't you? [OFB]