Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from Corey (blog, article), Tarik (blog, article), Vogs, Joe B., Examiner (story, notes), Puck Daddy, OFB, Ed Frankovic, Peerless, Puckhead, Simply Sensational, Caps In Pictures, Lighthouse Hockey (Isles), and Fight for Old DC.
- In other news, Michael Nylander to Minsk seems to be a done deal. [RDS]
- Or not. [In The Room]
- Gary Bettman spoke with local media prior to last night's game. [@washcaps]
- It looks like the League is serious about addressing headshots. Money quote from George McPhee (who apparently softened his position on the issue): "Every once in a while, you have to sit back and say, 'That hit may be legal, but is there something wrong with it?'" Couldn't agree more. [Sporting News, From the Rink]
Mathieu Perreault on his first NHL goal: "I reacted silly." Hopefully there's plenty more silliness to come. [Patriot-News]
- The Caps are the 20th most valuable team in the League, but take that with a huge grain of salt. [Forbes]
- Eighteen skaters in the NHL faster than Mike Green? I'll take the under. [The Hockey Writers]
- Goof on it all you want, but Alex Ovechkin making a cameo on TMZ says something mighty impressive about his star power. [Welcome to the Show]
- AskMen.com counts down AO's Top 10 goals. Go for the list, stay for... well, other stuff. [AskMen.com]
- Finding it hard to get out of work and make it to the games on time? Cutting out the wardrobe change might save a few minutes... and here's just the thing to help make that happen. [Puck Daddy]
- Agent Steinz = bored. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- "Vote for Sasha Pokulok as the Condors bobblehead!!" No snark needed. [Facebook]
- Finally, happy 47th birthday to Mark Hunter.