Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's Caps/Isles game (Really? These guys again?) from Vogs, NHL.com, Peerless and Rock The Red.net, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Lighthouse Hockey for coverage from the other side of tonight's match up.
- Infirmary report: Jeff Schultz is out, Mike Green is in, Alexander Semin has a brace on his wrist, Boyd Gordon is getting closer, and what's-his-name is "day-to-day" (unless he's joking again). [Capitals Insider]
- Is today Michael Nylander Day, or just another tease?
- Mathieu Perreault's NHL career is off to a nice start. [Washington Post]
- The Morrison/Mike Knuble effect. [Washington Times]
- Huge thanks to @chaddukes and @LaVarArrington (a.k.a. "The LaVar Arrington Show with Chad Dukes") for the shout out yesterday (discussing this post that we ran the other day regarding the risk of Alex Ovechkin's contract) and for providing islands of Caps coverage amid a sea of Redskins bloviating. Check it out, including a must-listen interview with Chris Clark in Segment 2. [Segment 1, Segment 2, Segment 3, Segment 4 (audio)]
- Brendan Morrison compares AO to Pavel Bure. [Vancouver Sun]
- Ovechkin is only the sixth-most valuable player (second among skaters) in the League so far this season... [Puck Prospectus]
- ... but he certainly is clutch (as are a trio of other Caps)... [The Hockey News]
- ... and is a dominant force in the offensive zone. [Behind The Net]
- Of course, he's still an easy target for
- More power rankings, with the Caps up a spot to third here at SBN and up four spots to second at CBSSports.com.
- It's important to know your ABC's... or at least your A, U, W and X. [The Whig Standard]
- Steve Kolbe "Takes 5" with Tyler Sloan. [Capitals (audio)]
- Episode 2 of "Caps on the Fly" featuring Green and Bob Woods, for your viewing pleasure. [Caps365 (video)]
- Nicklas Backstrom is a fantastic value... at the moment. [Puck Prospectus]
- Speaking of Backstrom, even if you're not quite fluent in Swedish, there's some pretty cool stuff in this video (from about the 5:20 mark on). [Hockeykväll (video)]
- Remember when AO wasn't suspended for his alleged slew foot in Atlanta? Well, Colin Campbell was just following the League's well-established guidelines for discipline. [Down Goes Brown]
- Keith Aucoin had a nice homecoming last weekend (though he would rather have been traveling from Miami to D.C., we're sure). [New England Hockey Journal]
- Courage! It couldn't come at a better time. [Hockey Mom]
- The Florida man who claimed to have supplied the Caps with 'roids has pled guilty to Federal steroids charges. [Tampa Bay Online]
- Cody Eakin on dangerous hits. [Edmonton Sun]
- More than you could ever need to read about Sami Lepisto. [Hockey's Future]
- On this day back in 1981, the Caps named Bryan Murray head coach. Murray still sits atop the franchise coaching leaderboards for wins, losses, games coached and
lispy post-game pressersplayoff disappointments.
- Happy 55th birthday to Michel Bergeron and happy 37th to personal fave Steve Konowalchuk.
- Finally, a very heart-felt thanks on this Veteran's Day to every man and woman who has put themselves in harm's way so that we can live the lives we live (and know that you're in our thoughts on the other 364 days of the year, too).