Your savory breakfast links:
- Preview of
tonight's this afternoon'sthe Caps/Jackets game from Vogs and NHL.com, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner The Cannon and The Columbus Dispatch for coverage from the other side of tonight's match up.
- Whenever the Blue Jackets come to town, it's hard not to think back to that first post-lockout game. [FanShot]
- Alex Ovechkin on his teammates after Friday night's loss: "You can even say that some players are not ready physically." Maybe he just meant that Nicklas Backstrom was a bit under the weather. [Examiner]
- Speaking of Backstrom, he'll be out doin' good tomorrow. [Hockey Mom]
- The Caps have high expectations. Uh, yeah. [Washington Times]
- Happy Halloween from the Atlanta Thrashers, who apparently are in a position to talk trash. [FanShot]
Pierre Lebrun reports that, with regards to a contract extension, "things aren't going great on the Semin front." (He also fails to mention Shaone Morrisonn's expiring contract, FWIW.) [ESPN]
- Back home, they're taking notice of native son Jose Theodore's hot start. [Montreal Gazette]
- Mike Wise reviews "Gabby"... [Washington Post]
- ... which hit bookstore shelves (and Kettler Iceplex) yesterday. [John Walton Hockey]
- Let's hear what you think of the book here. [FanPost]
- Two games, seven points for Francois Bouchard this weekend (and ten points in his last five games). [Patriot-News]
- Happy 63rd birthday to original Cap Bill Lesuk and happy 52nd to Brent Tremblay.
- Finally, on an administrative note, thanks to all of you for making October the best month (traffic-wise, at least) in Rink history. Visits were up 130% and page views 200% over October, 2008 (our last pre-SB Nation month). Here's to a big November.