Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps of last night's loss from Corey (blog, article), Tarik (blog, article), Philly Inq. (here, here, here and here), Vogs, Joe B., Peerless, CapsChick, OFB, Ed Frankovic, Cap Centre, Puckhead, Broad Street Hockey and Hockey Mom.
- We've already established that 50-in-50 is going to be an awfully tough mark for Alex Ovechkin to achieve, but what about 70-in-82? [FanHouse]
the Care BearsOvechkin, Nicklas Backstrom and Alexander Semin the best line in hockey? [Puck Daddy]
- The Caps hate cancer and are doing something about it. [Capitals]
- Ted's taken his take to satellite radio and Hockey This Morning. [NHL Home Ice (audio)]
- The Caps are third in CBSSports.com's latest power rankings (up from 6th).
- A Caps season preview as only the boys at Melt Your Face Off could do it. [MYFO]
- Consider Mr. Hockey an AO fan. [NHL.com]
- Get to know Shaone Morrisonn... who's playing like he knows his roster spot's in jeopardy. [Capitals]
- Most Bruins fans in attendance for their home opener against the Caps last Thursday weren't thrilled with the show they got. Most. [Barstool Sports (NSFW)]
- Whether or not Brandon Sugden ever makes it to the NHL (for a regular season game, that is), he's a heck of a story already. [The Patriot-News]
- Speaking of Hershey, chats with Jay Beagle and new assistant coach (defense) Troy Mann over at JWH.
- Finally, happy 60th birthday to Jim Hrycuik, who scored five goals for the 1974-75 Caps. His minus-12 rating was third-best on the team amongst players who played at least 20 games. Oy.