via the shoebox next to my desk
Your savory breakfast links:
- An injury update and a look at the likely goaltending schedule for the next two games. [Dump and Chase]
- In case you missed it, the Caps re-assigned Keith Aucoin to Hershey. [In The Room]
- Bob Woods is fitting in just fine behind the bench. [Washington Times]
- Stop us if you've heard this one - the Caps need to focus more/better/some. [Washington Post]
- Pictures from yesterday's practice. [Caps In Pictures]
- The Caps are up five spots to eighth in TSN.ca's latest power rankings, up three to eighth at ESPN.com, up three to sixth at The Hockey News, and up four to fourth at The Sporting News.
- Bruce Boudreau on why game days are special. [Capitals]
- Having the best player in the world is great and all, but having the best player in the world with a bunch of other guys chipping in is even better. [Peerless]
- Good news - Jose Theodore's shootout performance against the Devils was a mirage. Can the Caps get that extra point now? [Puck Prospectus]
- Nicklas Backstrom was on Hockey This Morning yesterday. [XM204]
- The top eight most explosive players in hockey whose names don't rhyme with Malexander Tovechkin. [VFTCS]
- Give blood, get schwag. Win-win. [Capitals]
- On a housekeeping note, we've got two new buttons in "The Vault" (in the left sidebar) - one linking to the Rink Rat Ticket Exchange and one linking to our new penalty tracker. Check 'em out.
- Hey, ladies - Hockey 'n Heels time. [Capitals]
- Bear Tracks! [LDN]
- On this date back in 1980, Mike Gartner became the NHL's first ever Player of the Week.
- Finally, happy 31st birthday Mike Farrell (and happy first to Simply Sensational).