Your savory breakfast links:
- It's now or never for Eric Fehr. [Washington Times]
- No matter your thoughts on Saturday night's hat-throwing salute to Alex Ovechkin's third time putting a puck past Dan Ellis in the same game (and The Boss seemed to like it), it wasn't, as Bruce Boudreau noted post-game, "a Washington original" - check around the 1:40 mark here, for example (h/t redlineblue).
- Speaking of Saturday night hat tricks, Dmitry Chesnokov chatted with Ovechkin, Semyon Varlamov and Shea Weber. Our chapeaus are off to you, comrade. [Examiner, Examiner and Examiner]
- On Braden Holtby's wild ride the past week. [John Walton Hockey]
- One game, one fight (and a helper) for Joe Finley in South Carolina. [John Walton Hockey]
- A former Cap believes that an there's an "anti-francophone virus" plaguing the NHL. Better get your shots. [National Post]
- A couple of good "hockey stats" discussions here (responded to here) and here.
- Finally, happy 26th birthday to Boyd Gordon.