via the shoebox next to my desk
Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's game from Vogs, NHL.com and Peerless, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner In Lou We Trust for pregame coverage from the other side of tonight's match up.
- Just wondering - if the Caps "expect to sell out every game" and "the probability of 41 sold-out games at Verizon Center this season," why are there so many tickets still available (in rather large blocks) via Ticketmaster for tonight's game and future games? Is Susan O'Malley back working for the Caps?
- Sid on Ovie: "He's a great player. Just because he has not won a Stanley Cup doesn't mean anything." That's like when rich people tell you that money isn't everything. [Toronto Sun]
- Speaking of those two players, have they already peaked? Seriously? [The Hockey News]
- Semyon Varlamov is far from the only goalie off to a rough start. Of course, these other names have long enough resumes that no one's worried. [Peerless]
- Mike Knuble's a good dude. [Grand Rapids Press]
- Because we aim to bring you comprehensive coverage, here's a link to Pierre LeBrun adding nothing to the "Michael Nylander-to-Russia" talk. [ESPN]
- Some great ideas for the Caps marketing folks... if only they hadn't already sold out every game. Ahem. [Peerless]
- Down in Hershey, Michal Neuvirth still isn't ready to go and Anton Gustafsson can't get a game. [The Patriot-News]
- On this date back in 1996, Dale Hunter became the first player in NHL history to hit the 300 goal/3,000 penalty minute mark for his career, a club in which he's still the only member (as he is in this one).
- Finally, happy 44th birthday to Todd Krygier and happy 24th to Mike Green. How 'bout you give all of us a present, GreenLife52?