Quick hitters today, as it's all I've got the time (or the stomach) for:
- When did Shaone Morrisonn start taking Brendan Witt pills? That's three multi-minor games in his last six times out. Not good.
- The Donald fed Andrew Peters his lunch in the first. I actually talked with Donald for a few minutes at Clyde's last Friday night and shaking his hand was, as my friend DK described it, like shaking hands with a grizzly bear - so strong.
- Jerky keeps blowing people up, this time Adam Mair in the second along the boards.
- Late period penalties bit the Caps in the butt not once (Boyd Gordon) but twice (Jerky).
- Jeff Schultz had a pretty lousy game.
- Is it just me or did the Caps miss Brian Sutherby? The forwards just weren't hitting anyone or playing with much physicality, Sutherby's strong suits.
- How about some of those bounces?
- Christ, Emmy - play the body, not the puck on that Stafford rush.
- Tomas Fleischmann had a nice pick-pocket early and a nice rush late.
- You have to admire Alex Ovechkin for not blaming anyone else for his recent slump ("It's not my partners, it's me," he said), but let's be realistic - when your linemates are Jiri "Novo-Flop" Novotny and Alexandre "Rooster" Giroux, you have a limited opportunity to succeed. At least give the kid Chris Clark back.
Hart: Jonathan Cheechoo (2G, A, +2, 3 SOG, 2 hits)
Ross: Jonathan Cheechoo, Joe Thornton, Tyler Arnason (3 points each)
Norris: Matt Carle (2A, +1)
Vezina: Roberto Luongo (20-save shutout win)
Richard: Jonathan Cheechoo, Drew Stafford, Milan Michalek, Sean Avery, Ian Laperriere (2G each)
Calder: Drew Stafford (2G, +2, 4 SOG)
- Aiken: Dwayne Roloson (L, 4 goals allowed on 22 shots against in 34:17 of work)