Big win. Let's run it down bullet style:
- Obviously a dominant first period for the second straight night. Almost as importantly, three different lines scored in the period. I guess Hugs' line shuffle worked (well, except for that fourth line).
- It was good to see
Matt PettingerShaone Morrisonn and Ben Clymer get their 2006-07 cherry goals.
- I've never seen someone deliver bone-crushing hits as often while he's carrying the puck as Alex Ovechkin. By the looks of it, neither had Denis Gauthier.
- The Caps need to work on getting pucks to the net on the powerplay. Too many shots either don't get through or are off target. Specifically, the guys on the points could use some one-timer practice.
- Going into the game, the Caps had been 0-15-1 in their last 16 games in Philly, and the last time they won in the City of
Man/BoyBrotherly Love, they went to the Finals that spring. I'm just sayin'.
- Hart: Marc Savard (2G, 3A, +1, 4 SOG)
Ross: Marc Savard (5 points)
Norris: Kyle McLaren (G, A, +1, 3 SOG, 4 blocked shots,2 hits)
Vezina: Martin Brodeur (W, 33 saves on 34 shots against)
Richard: Ray Whitney, Mats Sundin, Marc Savard, Dan Cleary, Alex Ovechkin, Ben Clymer, Andrew Brunette, Shane Doan (2G each)
Calder: Matt Carle (G, +1)
Aiken: Curtis Joseph (2 goals allowed on 3 shots against in 6:53 of work)