In other news from 'round the rinks (and beyond):
- If imitation is indeed the sincerest form of flattery, should I be flattered? Our good friend at Embrace the Dull thinks so, as he looks at the similarities between my Top 11 Rookie Seasons of All-Time post from late last month and a recent piece that appeared on SportsIllustrated.com.
- Are you sick of the Sidney Crosby hype? Of course you are. And now at least one brave member of the media - the Canadian media no less - is stepping forward and admitting that she is sick of Sidney too.
- Thrashers GM Don Waddell has guaranteed that his team will make the playoffs. Ah, but did he guarantee that it would be this season? And what, exactly, do Atlanta fans get if and when Waddell's guarantee for his 11th-place Thrashers falls flat?
- Ranger superfrosh Petr Prucha will miss three to four weeks - including the Olympics - with a sprained MCL.
- Finally, on the congrats to the Pittsburgh Steelers on their big win last night, though, truth be told, when a team from Washington playes a team from Pittsburgh, I reflexively root against the black & gold every time.
Hart: Michael Ryder (3 goals, +1, 6 SOG)
Ross: Michael Ryder (3 points)
Norris: Brad Stuart (Game-tying goal with 2:05 left in regulation, 5 blocked shots)
Vezina: Cristobal Huet (25-save shutout win)
Richard: Michael Ryder (3 goals)
Calder: Brad Boyes (Goal)
Aiken: Antero Niittymaki (L, 5 goals against on 36 shots)