In other news from around the NHL:
- Joe Thornton and Miikka Kiprusoff are your Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week, respectively. No explanation was given as to why Thornton's 2 goals and 6 assists in three games were deemed better than Keith Tkachunky's 5 goals and 4 assists, also in three games (yes, I know the Sharks won all three and the Blues lost all three games in question).
- The Panthers sent winger Niklas Hagman to the Stars for a seventh-round pick.
- In today's groin news, Steve Yzerman has a tear in his and will miss a few of weeks.
- Eric Lindros has his first injury of the year, a torn ligament in his wrist that has left him listed as day-to-day. Does that sound a bit optimistic to anyone else?
- Jason Spezza missed Monday night's Sens game with a hip, err, hip flexor, and he could miss Ottawa's next match as well.
- Dallas forward Bill Guerin has yet to score a power play goal on the year (he only has six goals of any kind) and has been demoted to the third line. Stars coach Dave Tippett tried to put a positive spin on the move: "It gives us some real good balance on all our lines going on the road." Riiiight.
Hart: Henrik Zetterberg (2G, including game-winning SHG)
Ross: Daniel Alfredsson, Dany Heatley (3 points each)
Norris: Nicklas Lidstrom (G, A)
Vezina: Mikael Tellqvist (W, 27 saves on 29 shots against)
Richard: Henrik Zetterberg (2G)
Calder: Brandon Bochenski (G, A, +1, 2 hits)
Aiken: Vitaly Kolesnik (L, 6 goals against on 31 shots, including 4 goals against on 11 shots in the once-tied third period)