The WaPo covers the announcement here, the WTimes here.
There's a new interview with Alexander Ovechkin up at Russian Hockey Digest.
Tonight's game: Caps @ Flyers, 7:00 PM.
- Dominik Hasek showed no signs of rust after nearly two years off, stopping all 19 shots he faced in just over half the game, and Dany Heatley had a goal and two assists as the Senators beat the Mario & Sid-less Penguins 3-0.
- The Isles beat the Bruins 2-1 behind 26 saves by backup Garth Snow. Zzzzzz.
- Marc Denis stopped 30 of 33 shots for Columbus, but it wasn't enough as the Jax fell to the Predators 3-2.
- Mathieu Schneider's late goal lifted the Wings over the Stars 3-2. Bill Guerin scored both goals for Dallas.
- The Blues sent Nikolai Khabibulin to 0-2 in the preseason as they shelled the Hawks 5-4.
- Brian Rolston scored a goal and set up the other in the Wild's 2-1 win over Florida. Manny Fernandez stopped all but one of the 28 shots he faced for Minny.
- Brent Krahn's 22 save shutout chalked up another Battle of Alberta to the Flames, 3-0 over Edmonton.
- Steve Bernier won the game in a shootout for the Sharks as San Jose downed Vancouver 4-3 in Todd Bertuzzi's return to the ice.
- Curtis Joseph stopped 35 of 39 shots for Phoenix, but the Coyotes lost to Anaheim 5-3. Keith Carney had three assists for the Ducks.
- The Devils... well, the Devils haven't played a preseason game yet, and don't until tomorrow night. What gives?
- Ilya Kovalchuk scored but Khimik lost to Avangard 4-2. I hope Kovalchuk and fellow soon-to-be-ex-NHLer Alexander Semin are enjoying themselves over there, because they're killing their fans (and fantasy owners) over here.